Letter #50
Hey everyone! Thought I'd get an email out, here's a couple things going on!
- Victor was baptized! He's the first person to be baptized in Tecoluca (a group, even smaller than a branch) for years, it was awesome!!
- Tried cafe de maiz (coffee that is allowed) and it did not live up to the hype
Guess we'll be sticking to non-coffee beverages

Guess we'll be sticking to non-coffee beverages
Honestly, that's about it. Lots of miracles here in the work! To finish off with a quick spiritual thought, I loved a talk by President Nelson called "The Lord Jesus Christ Will Come Again." He sharded:
"When Wendy and I were on assignment in a distant land, armed robbers put a gun to my head and pulled the trigger. But the gun did not fire. Throughout that experience, both of our lives were threatened. Yet Wendy and I felt an undeniable peace. It was the peace “which passeth all understanding.”
Brothers and sisters, the Lord will comfort you too! He will strengthen you. He will bless you with peace, even amidst chaos."
Such a powerful story. Something that's been on my mind is choosing to be a disciple of Christ, even in the hardest times. Feeling peace even when someone holds a gun to your head is insane, but it's the type of peace that comes from having a true relationship with Jesus Christ. It's a relationship that I'm still working to have, and will be working for the rest of my life. I can't say yet that I could remain calm in a situation like that, but I do testify that believing in Christ and remembering Him has helped me to feel peace, to feel like I belong, and has given me hope of changing and being better!
That's about it though! I invite you all to keep being involved in the work of the Lord, espero que tengan una buena semana!!
Elder Bagley




Comments
Post a Comment