Letter #51

 

Funny little picture (says "coffee, the fountain of life for El Salvador"πŸ˜‚πŸ€¦‍♂️) thought it was funny, the majority here are addicted to coffee, some to the point where they give coffee to their little little kids instead of milkπŸ˜…

Heyyy everyone!! Como estΓ‘n?? Happy 4th of July!!! To celebrate, surprise surprise, an email 2 weeks in a row!πŸ˜‚πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡² Here's a couple things that happened this week:

1. We've had a hard time getting friends to church this week, but this Sunday we fasted to have our friends come and not only did some come, but 2 friends we have never met came out of the blue!! Fasting works!!

2. It's my last week here in the mission. It's insane, I still can't believe it. But this past Sunday, a member from Las CaΓ±as (my old area) came to see me and say goodbye, it was super cool and sweet of her (even though she went up during testimony meeting and told the whole ward I was going home soonπŸ˜‚πŸ€¦‍♂️)

3. My companion is tiredπŸ˜‚. We've been working super hard, he wants to go to bed an hour early every dayπŸ˜‚. He's a beast though, it's been a blast, we've been seeing a lot of miracles together.

4. For my last Pday in the mission, we hiked another volcano! This time in San Vicente, supposedly higher than the one in San Miguel. We left the house at 2 this morningπŸ˜…πŸ˜‚ but it was totally worth it. May or may not have spent 30+ minutes convincing my companion to come, but in the end we got it done🀝 Pictures below!

5. Spiritual thought. After 2 years, I've figured out my favorite chapter of the Book of Mormon. I was reading Helaman 5 this week, and holy moly, it's such a spiritually powerful chapter and story. I could go on and on about the things I like and learned, but I'll just give the highlights:

Verses 5-14: Helaman teaching his sons, Nephi and Lehi. The main topic is to remember (spiritual experiences, words of the prophets, and more than anything, that Jesus is the Christ)

15-19: The success of Nephi and Lehi as missionaries (literally baptized 8,000 people, holy moly they were such powerful missionariesπŸ”₯πŸ”₯)

20-52: A whole lot of other thingsπŸ˜‚ Being thrown in jail, the Lord saving them miraculously, converting the people who threw them in jail, the converted people converting everyone else, and in the end, resolving what probably was about a decade long war without any fighting (such an insane story)

To make a long story short, I love this chapter. I invite you to read it, especially if you are having a hard time or feeling insecure about yourself or your abilities.

That's about it though! Sorry, it was a long one this week. But the last thing, I'll be reporting my mission the 19th of July at 10 AM, everyone is invited! It'll be in the auditorium of Mexia High School, and afterwards at 1 for lunch at our house! For more details, you can search Kiley Bagley on Facebook!

Hope you guys have a great one!! See you soon!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter #47

Letter #42

Letter #43